Sunday, November 2, 2008

First November Tomato Harvest and Blog Interview

Saturday afternoon tomato harvest,
mostly San Marzanos


I love getting tomatoes into mid fall. At noon Saturday we were baking in the sun at the elementary school football game (I have a bright pink triangle of skin at my collar bone to prove it.) And I might wish for just a bit cooler, autumnal weather, but I am not in a hurry for a real frost to come along and kill off my tomatoes and herbs. In fact, we've been known to go out after dark with sheets and plastic tarps, and even heat lamps a time or two, to try and protect our plants and prolong the season as much as possible.

Also, this weather just like it is makes it perfect for dining out on the deck - one of my favorite things.

Blog Interview: Fabric artist and doll-maker Donna has posted a very nice feature and interview with me and my art on her blog today. Stop by and check it out.

Here is one of Donna's fairy creations:



Fall Fairy fiber sculpted fantasy art doll

2 comments:

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

What a cute doll! My tomatoes did not do anything this year! Too cold I guess...

-chelsey

Expressions By Devin said...

Great Feature and those Tomatoes look Yummy:0)