Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Latest Mosaic, Bread blog, starting seeds


Here is the MOSAIC that I did last week.
The image is cropped a little on each side, but you can still get the idea.
Yesterday I started playing with design and gathering glass, and today I will start a new glass-on-glass mosaic. It has been a while since I have done a mosaic on a pane of glass. I am going to try the fairly new MAC glue, developed and marketed locally, which is supposed to be great for quick, crystal clear drying on clear glass. I am interested to see if it lives up to its reputation.

BREAD: When I was searching kitchen gardens this morning, I found a great bread blog, A Year in Bread. Three people in different states each do their own versions of a certain type of bread each week, then they post pictures and comments and discuss the results. They have been at it for 1 year now. This afternoon I plan to do the Parisian Daily Bread. It looks great.
http://ayearinbread.earthandhearth.com/2007/06/breads-for-breakfast-and-brunch.html

In the GARDEN
Yesterday I started seeds for maybe 50 or 60 plants, including eggplant and lettuce leaf basil seeds I got at a little shop in Tuscany. I never have any luck with tomatoes from seed, but I have still planted a couple of heirloom types...again. The flats are now living on a warming pad under a plant light in my bathroom. Can't wait to see the little green sprouts come up!

No comments: