Monday, December 29, 2008

The Most Beautiful Thing


“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.” (Albert Einstein, What I Believe)



I love this Einstein quotation.

I put it on a coffee mug for my oldest son, that I designed on Zazzle. (The mug, not my son.)

It's hard to see on these little images of the mug that I captured on the Zazzle site, but here is the painting that I used:


Divination, acrylic on canvas

Horizontal worked best for the mug of course, but this is one of those pieces that I can see being hung different ways, even more so because it is a diptych. I show it three different ways on my Etsy site.

I like being able to give art or things based on my art as gifts. It seems more personal, but I don't want to overdo it.

2 comments:

racheyalex said...

beautiful artwork :)

I am actually responding to a comment left on fatfreevegankitchen blog, about veganizing saag paneer. cooked potato chunks also replace the paneer (if you get sick of tofu) and coconut milk not only replaces the heavy cream but I think it tastes way better too. If you're going for a lower fat alternative you could use any milk (soy, dairy, nut, what have you) with a little flour whisked in for thickener.

it's one of my favorite Indian recipes, so I've tried it many different ways :) hope this helps!

13moons said...

Thanks for the suggestions. The coconut milk does sound delicious! It would give it a bit of a Thai feel.

Anita